• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Streming Website STOPS when Screen Locks

So I have a rooted EVO that I listen to streaming music through the stock browser. If I leave the browser (home screen or another app) or I lock the screen, then the stream stops. As soon as I unlock the screen or switch back to the browser, it resumes immediately. Has anyone figured out how to circumvent this feature? Thanks!

have you tried streaming via an app like last.fm? that is one of many out there

other than that you would have to leave your device set to no screen timeout and turn the brightness down all the way ...basically leave it on

I have not. I used to use aonline, but the primart station I use doesn't have it in the database, so I have resorted to the station webpage. They have a link to mp3 stream so perhaps I will give a try with last.fm

Thanks...

OK...nevermind. Didn't work. I am trying to stream Atlanta's WSB radio...any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones