1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Strobe lighting freezes up DInc camera

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by linesablur, Jun 18, 2010.

1. linesablur

linesablur Active Member

Apr 29, 2010
    So...I noticed that a tiny spider on the wall next to my desk liked to chase a laser pointer...I also noticed that the strobe mode of my flashlight caused the spider to become disoriented and not chase the laser pointer.

Anyway:D...I decided to make a video of this on my Incredible. I recorded spider+laser and then added the strobe for a total video of about a minute..everything seemed to go well for the recording. When I played it back though, after the strobe started, the strobe frequency started to slow down and then the image froze while the time counter kept going. This is a pretty fast strobe of at least 10 Hz (just a guess on my part).

I panicked a little thinking I fried a sensor somewhere, but I recorded another video that worked fine. Remember this wasn't a direct hit of the strobe, but bouncing off a nearby white wall WITH all room lights on.

So FYI...you can overload these cameras with strobe lights, not that many of you will run into this problem:).

Advertisement

2. So are we going to get to see the video or what?:p

Thanks for the interesting tidbit of info though. I'm inclined to try this out myself

3. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Gfx Design / Network Engineer
    Seattle WA
    lol yeah wheres the video...

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    College Student
    NC
    video please lol

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    That's the first thing I thought as well :D

6. Haha I genuinely want to see this spider chasing the laser pointer and then become disoriented by the strobe. I never knew they were even sensitive to light.. I guess when you have 8 eyes, it's bound to happen.

7. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    You know the deal, vid or it didnt happen ! :D

better hope he dont do a luke skywalker on your deathstar