1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Struggling to adjust

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Useruser9999, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Useruser9999

Useruser9999 Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    Hey all new here.
    Will i get used to this phone ?
    Had it for 7 hours, and struggling so far. Prevous phones were nexus5, 1+1, nexus 6p. This is my first samsung.
    Why is the back button on the right, can i change this?
    Second issue ive found is the favourites in messenger, phone app and edge favourites don't sync?
    I might be a little biased but i acutally think the nexus6p is quicker?

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Give it a little time. It's always difficult to change from one phone to another. Unfortunately the back button location cannot be changed and is one of the many idiosyncrasies of Samsung.

3. Useruser9999

Useruser9999 Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    I hope i get used to it. Im hating the home button. I now understand why so many manufacturers are ditching it, for starters its slower, and requires far more effort to navigate. Plus its just confusing swaping between the two types of buttons.

4. Androidcurious

Androidcurious Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I'm curious, you have a Nexus 6P, which is a relatively new phone. Why bother switching if you hate the phone already? Why do you need to get used to it? I'd switch only if the new phone did stuff the other one didn't or did it in a way I prefer..and I LOVED IT. Makes no sense to me to force yourself to get used to something like a phone when there are already options you've been using that you prefer.

5. Useruser9999

Useruser9999 Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2016
    Male
    Accidently destroyed it in the rear door of the car. I loved the 6p. But i wanted to try a samsung. I don't like to knock something until ive tried it. Plus i have kids so the extra water protection helps. The olther issue im finding with the edge, is litterly very sensitve, its hard to hold it watching a movie in bed, as the bezzels are so thin, you end up pressing the back button a lot.

KOLIO likes this.
  6. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Yeah,I ended up buying a thin low-profile TPU Case for that very reason..................
    http://androidforums.com/threads/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-cases.1009438/

Useruser9999 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.