• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Struggling with the size

Make the switch to the Incredible. It's a better device. People who never owned one will never know and those that did and switched to the X secretly wished they hadn't.

And for all you meatheads that keep saying you have a hard time seeing the Inc screen in the sunlight, well no shit. Thats the nature of amoled screens. A small sacrifice to make for a far superior screen.

I actually think the the droid x has the nicer screen. I hate the screen door effect on the incredible. And its good that you already know that not being able to see the screen in sunlight is the nature of amoled screens. It doesn't change the fact that it's still an unattractive quality to possess.

As for the topic, I like the size and I was coming from the LG Dare. I haven't had any problems carrying it around. But my priorities with this phone include watching a lot of ripped movies, reading ebooks, and playing games. The droid X's screen size is better suited for these things.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I have had the Droid X for a week and I'm still really uncomfortable with the size of the phone. It is a nice screen, but the size just doesn't feel comfortable in my hand. Also, I hardly ever hear my phone ring on the X. I miss a lot of calls.
I'm considering switching to the Droid Incredible.

What would I be losing, considering the Inc is getting 720p video and Froyo? I need some help thinking this one through.

dude listen to Steven58 and disregard most of the other posts;).

bottom line, both are great phones. if the size of the X bothers you go to the store and hold the Inc. . for those that have reception problems there are 100's if not thousands that do not.(me included) battery for me is no longer a problem(HTC 1500) 15.00. the screen while x people say looks fake and does not render the proper colors i say hogwash. its simply gorgeous and will leave you playing and staring at your phone for hours. with Froyo it will only get better.....

Upvote 0
Make the switch to the Incredible. It's a better device. People who never owned one will never know and those that did and switched to the X secretly wished they hadn't.

[removed by Mod]

WOW ahhh what's "better" about the Dinc? I owned one for 28 days I no I don't secretly wish I hadn't changed. It was a nice phone and if I didn't want the bigger screen I would have been fine with it.

But my X;

Gets better reception
it's built better
Calls sound better
Noise cancellation makes it sound better on the other end also.
The screen is bigger
It has a higher Resolution
the processor and GPU give it way more power than the Dinc.
I can see it in the sunlight
Did I mention the bigger screen has gorilla glass?
This is off the top of my head do you want me to dig into the device and get technical for you?

Let see your "what makes the Dinc a better device" list.

The only people that would think it's a "better device" are meat heads that don't have a clue.:rolleyes:

It's a fine device but better? No way.

Upvote 0
WOW ahhh what's "better" about the Dinc? I owned one for 28 days I no I don't secretly wish I hadn't changed. It was a nice phone and if I didn't want the bigger screen I would have been fine with it.

But my X;

Gets better reception
it's built better
Calls sound better
The screen is bigger
This is off the top of my head do you want me to dig into the device and get technical for you?

The only people that would think it's a "better device" are meat heads that don't have a clue.:rolleyes:

Wow that's almost as stupid of a reply as the reply you were rebuting. There is just as many pluses for the incredible. It's about preference. I think the incredible is better which is why I sold the x. Because I like sense more than blur, smaller than 4 inch screens, vivid display, and not so much bulk that makes me a meathead? I get his response was dumb but pot meet kettle.

Reactions: Ryobi
Upvote 0
Meanwhile, at Ryobis house:

1274382989317zdz.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey guys, I have had the Droid X for a week and I'm still really uncomfortable with the size of the phone. It is a nice screen, but the size just doesn't feel comfortable in my hand. Also, I hardly ever hear my phone ring on the X. I miss a lot of calls.
I'm considering switching to the Droid Incredible.

What would I be losing, considering the Inc is getting 720p video and Froyo? I need some help thinking this one through.

In this case, bigger is better. :cool:

Upvote 0
I went from the Incredible to the Droid X. I think it would be a lot harder to go from the X to the Incredible. It would be harder to type on, and the screen would seem small after using the X. That said, I can't stand the feel of the X in my hand (Motorola sucks at making ergonomic handsets). I just picked up the Verizon kickstand case to use until Seidio comes out with the Active Case or Otterbox the Commuter Series case for the X. It makes the phone much more comfortable to hold. I don't think I could go back to the Incredible now (even though I loved the Incredible) for several reasons. 1 - I get a better signal with the X than I ever did with the Incredible. I dropped calls with the Incredible, and I've never done that while on Verizon. 2 - the X feels faster to me. Never done speed tests to prove it, just what it feels like. 3 - the Incredible doesn't feel any better in the hand than the X, it also requires a case to feel comfortable. And 4 - the battery sucks badly on the Incredible. Even using the 1750 didn't help much. I'd have to get the 2100 or the 3500 and then wouldn't be able to case the phone anyway. Doesn't quite seem worth it.

On the upside, there are a lot more people who have the Incredible and want the X, so if you wait a few months to decide, you'll easily find someone who will trade with you.

Upvote 0

But my X;

Gets better reception
it's built better
Calls sound better
The screen is bigger

This post here is a complete thumbs down.

This:
"Let see your "what makes the Dinc a better device" list."

And this:
"The only people that would think it's a "better device" are meat heads that don't have a clue.:rolleyes:"

Sounds childish to me.

People always feel the need to defend their phones as if its life for them, which for some, unfortunately may be the case... But seriously? I'm all for pros and cons and the reasons why a certain phone is better for YOU. This helps out prospective buyers but calm down, so someone thinks another phone is better than yours, so what. No need to call anyone a "meat head" just because someone thinks one device is better than the other...I'd like to hear the logic in how that conclusion came about.

Reactions: freddyttt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones