1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck after Updating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GirlSatUpThere, Dec 25, 2011.

1. GirlSatUpThere

Hi,

I found this forum after it popped up on several of my searches. After searching through the forums I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I've had my Desire HD for just over a month now and when I tried to update my phone today...well, it has just been stuck on the HTC Logo.

I haven't used any roots or even tried them. They have a certain technical expertise that I severely lack, haha. One option I tried came up with a red triangle with an explanation mark on it and hung on that.

I've tried restarting the phone with/without SIM and SD Card and the combinations of them both to see if that works but it still hangs on the logo. I even tried to restart and format the phone to get it to work but it doesn't get passed the logo.

I'm stuck what to do with it tbh. Is it a hardware error? A software error? Or something I have inadvertently done?

Thank you for your time. :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

Pull the battery out, re insert, and turn on whilst holding the volume down key. Does it take you to a white screen with 3 skateboarding androids on the bottom of it? Have you tried the factory reset option from there?

3. GirlSatUpThere

Hi El Presidente. Thank you. :)

Not sure if this is relevant but I remember plugging it in my laptop yesterday to see if the battery had completely died and just needed a charge, but the light kept blinking green and orange. I left it to cool down like some threads suggested and eventually the blinking light changed to a solid orange light.

I left it in to charge for a while and then the light changed to green; turned it on...and it still didn't get passed the HTC logo.

I have tried the reset from there; the same thing happens...it gets stuck on the logo. :thinking:

4. El Presidente

VIP Member

You could try running an RUU (ROM Upgrade Utility, it's the update in an exe format, run via your PC), but I think you're going to need to call HTC unfortunately. I'm not entirely sure the RUU would sort and HTC could then say the issue was a result of a failed RUU, not their OTA update.

If you can see the SD Card, is there a file called update.zip or PD98IMG.zip on there?

5. GirlSatUpThere

I've contacted the place I got it from; hopefully they'll give me some good news. Heh.

There isn't either of those files on the SD card. I can't see the SD card through USB I've been using an adapter. Not sure if that would make any difference to seeing the files?

6. El Presidente

VIP Member

If you can't see them via an adaptor, they're not there.

There are things we can try which would most likely sort, but I'm not sure where they would leave you in terms of a voided warranty so it's probably best just to do what you've done and see what they say.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

GirlSatUpThere likes this.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews