• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck at boot / bricked

flo28rin

May 15, 2012
I knew this day would come. I've been messing with my phone so much, I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. The problem is that I'm stuck at the boot screen. I think there was at least one or two more images until the phone would've started.

What I've tried to do was this: Guide To Deodex Stock Rom ~ Galaxy Y Gaming Club . However, my phone told me it didn't have enough space so I revers the rm and cp commands. Then I rebooted it and it was stuck.

I tried installing some rom through updating zip in recovery mode (i also installed clockwork mod in the meantime). I also created a backup with clockwork mod, and replaced the files i had (yes, i backed up the folders app and framework), but clockwork gave me an error it had a different sum. I also tried to modify a .zip update (to force the files on my system folders) for the microsd card (such as the root update), but I'm not really sure how to make that work. I also tried Odin, but it froze and gave me that troubleshooting/close error.

I'm out of ideas. Maybe I've done something wrong in trying the things above. Maybe there's something else? Perhaps somewhere I could download any backup of the stock rom of galaxy gio.

Thanks to whomever might be able to help me.

now my phone has this weird icon with a computer, a mobile and a wire between them with an orange triangle. i finally managed to get odin started, but i was just wondering how much it takes? i don't want to wait for hours only to find out nothing is happening.

Edit: got the phone in download mode and now it's progressing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones