• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck at boot HTC One M8

agusz88

Lurker
Feb 23, 2016
Hi everyone, please help me. I buy a unit of M8 recently and its running android 6.0. After reset everything, my phone stuck at the white screen htc logo and i dont think it comes TWRP.
IMG_20160223_134037.jpg
IMG_20160223_133922.jpg
I come from a nexus before, seems like HTC need a higher level of knowladge to fix this. Please help me, i dont understand a thing about the HTC style of flashing.

What we be useful is to get a screenshot of your bootloader screen, or boot your phone to the bootloader and post what's on the screen - specifically whether the bootloader is "Locked" or "Unlocked" and whether the phone is S-ON or S-OFF. Do you have a Win PC/laptop with the adb/fastboot tools installed? You can get it here if not:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

along with instructions to install.

Reboot phone to bootloader and plug in to PC (so you see FASTBOOT USB on bootloader screen). Open a command prompt window in the adb/fastboot folder on your PC - if in Explorer hold shift + right click, and pick "Open command window here" from context menu.

Then type:

fastboot devices (this is to check fastboot connects to phone ok, it should also return the phone serial number)

If it does, then type:

fastboot getvar all

and post the info the command returns here but scrub out your IMEI number and serial number.

Note that if your bootloader shows "Locked", unfortunately we may end up in the situation where to get phone working again the process involved wipes your phone including the internal SD card. I'm going to do some digging as well, but just letting you know so you're aware of this.

Upvote 0
What we be useful is to get a screenshot of your bootloader screen, or boot your phone to the bootloader and post what's on the screen - specifically whether the bootloader is "Locked" or "Unlocked" and whether the phone is S-ON or S-OFF. Do you have a Win PC/laptop with the adb/fastboot tools installed? You can get it here if not:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

along with instructions to install.

Reboot phone to bootloader and plug in to PC (so you see FASTBOOT USB on bootloader screen). Open a command prompt window in the adb/fastboot folder on your PC - if in Explorer hold shift + right click, and pick "Open command window here" from context menu.

Then type:

fastboot devices (this is to check fastboot connects to phone ok, it should also return the phone serial number)

If it does, then type:

fastboot getvar all

and post the info the command returns here but scrub out your IMEI number and serial number.

Note that if your bootloader shows "Locked", unfortunately we may end up in the situation where to get phone working again the process involved wipes your phone including the internal SD card. I'm going to do some digging as well, but just letting you know so you're aware of this.
Thanks for replying. Here's the bootloader pic.
Kindly guide me bro. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20160223_211826.jpg
    IMG_20160223_211826.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Is this a Google Play Edition phone? Curious as to the unlock icon on the HTC splash screen, and the bootloader screen is different as well. Can you do the:

fastboot getvar all

as well and post the results, but scrubbing out your IMEI number and phone serial number.
Not really sure bro. But before it became like this, it run stock android 6.0. I'll do as said and be back with the result bro. Cheers.

Upvote 0
Is this a Google Play Edition phone? Curious as to the unlock icon on the HTC splash screen, and the bootloader screen is different as well. Can you do the:

fastboot getvar all

as well and post the results, but scrubbing out your IMEI number and phone serial number.
The command promt thing failed bro. Am i doing it right? Pictures attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20160224_094701.jpg
    IMG_20160224_094701.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20160224_094743.jpg
    IMG_20160224_094743.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20160224_094840.jpg
    IMG_20160224_094840.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
In the post I linked you need to download the sdk-tools.zip file that is attached towards the bottom of post number 2. You seem to have jumped down to post 3 and installed the universal adb driver and you probably won't need that anyway. You don't have the fastboot.exe from the sdk-tools.zip file in that folder so no 'fastboot' commands are going to work.

Also, you do have the Google Play Edition, which means a different partition size set-up we need to be aware of.

Upvote 0
In the post I linked you need to download the sdk-tools.zip file that is attached towards the bottom of post number 2. You seem to have jumped down to post 3 and installed the universal adb driver and you probably won't need that anyway. You don't have the fastboot.exe from the sdk-tools.zip file in that folder so no 'fastboot' commands are going to work.

Also, you do have the Google Play Edition, which means a different partition size set-up we need to be aware of.
Thanks sirs, will work on that thing. Be back after after this

Upvote 0

Good day sir, i manage to flash TWRP recovery last night n straight away flash CM 13 on the phone. Luckly, it succeed. Thanks for the guide and information. :)

Reactions: saltire
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones