• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck at boot loader, can't control anything.

Stan1k

Apr 10, 2015
One of my phone (Lenovo A6010) has had no physical volume control since like an year, because somehow the whole region was broken and literally ripped off, till now I used alternatives to control the volume like going into settings and stuff.

I never had any problem with restarting my device ever. But this morning when I decided to restart, it powered off and then when powered on took me into a screen which I believe is the bootloader which had "Download, Recovery, Fastboot & Power Off"

Followed by some text:
PCBA Test: Fail
Sensor Test: Fail
MMI Runin Test: Fail
MMI test: Fail

I believe that this is because of the broken volume keys and maybe for a reason the VolUp button is always toggled (in my device it's VolUp + Home button to launch the boot loader). So, tired of it I decided to factory reset by going into Recovery mode but it never loads, it just gets stuck at android logo screen forever. Same with the Fastboot mode option and Download mode doesn't even show anything just a blank screen.

Please help me get through this screen, or at least show me a way to extract documents from the internal storage, they are pretty important and stupidly not backed up.

Edit: I think its Factory Kit Test not bootloader
Edit2: So I just took the PCBA test which also gave an option to test the buttons, so as I mentioned before it maybe because of VolUp button toggled forever, it's not I just poked the volume button area to test it and it passed I can control the volume through the area without even the buttons. So it's not accidentally going into boot loader/Factory Kit Test.

Last edited:
sorry but i think you are s.o.l, unless you fix the vol keys. if the keys are stuck where the phone thinks you are pressing one or both of them, you need to fix it before you can move on. unfortunately IFixit does not have your phone.

Yes, after all I guess it was really the problem with the keys, idfk what I did but I just took the screws off, opened the back body and kept screwing with the volume region until the hardware was no longer working, now it works fine rather than directing to the boot loader screen.

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
Yes, after all I guess it was really the problem with the keys, idfk what I did but I just took the screws off, opened the back body and kept screwing with the volume region until the hardware was no longer working, now it works fine rather than directing to the boot loader screen.

Thanks for the reply.
your phone has screws in it? like in the back?

Reactions: Stan1k
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones