1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

stuck at boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by htcpicoeurope, Jul 23, 2013.

1. htcpicoeurope

htcpicoeurope Lurker

I have problem with my htc pico, it stucks at boot.I have cwm recovery v5.0.2.8 and when i try to wipe data/factory i have an error with sd-ext (E:/format_volume make_extf4fs faild to /dev/block/mmcblk0p2). and i have an error when i try to nount sd-ext. i think boot stucks because of this.
    Can you help please!!

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Maybe remake the partitions on your card, if the sd-ext seems not to work. Back up the fat32 first, of course.

3. htcpicoeurope

htcpicoeurope Lurker

i remake partition with mini tool partition wizard and after that i install miui and still stuck at boot.

4. Hadron

VIP Member

Try a proper partitioning tool - I'd recommend GParted. Minitool often does a lousy job of ext format partitions. Even using clockworkmod itself to do the partitioning is more reliable.

That's assuming that the partition is the problem. Can you try a different ROM, to be sure the problem isn't there?

5. htcpicoeurope

htcpicoeurope Lurker

i tried many roms and the only one that works was miui v5, but has many bugs and force closes, so i can't stay with this rom. why cant run another rom??

6. Hadron

VIP Member

I don't know why other ROMs don't work for you. I don't have this phone, so am not familiar with it's ROMs, but it seems very odd that most do not work.

If they all rely on sd-ext that might be a factor. Hence I was really wondering whether a ROM which doesn't use that would work. With my previous phone we met many people with ext partitions which did not work after using minitool, which is why I suggested using something else.

But it could be some other common factor. What sort of errors do you get with other ROMs?

I was hoping someone who has this phone could suggest a ROM which works.

7. htcpicoeurope

htcpicoeurope Lurker

i'm not sure but i think that i have bad blocks. any idea how to erase them??

8. jihu123

jihu123 Newbie

I had the similar problem with one of the ROM. But then I changed the ROM & it was alright.

Are you sure that its stuck at the logo? Sometimes it takes longer than usual.

HTC Explorer Forum

The HTC Explorer release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews