• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at Bootloader after SBF 30.01 Err: A5,70,39,00,27

cashmonkey

Jun 23, 2010
Hi.. my phone was working fine. I had the leak .320 I believe

I wanted to flash back to STOCK. So I got RSDLite 4.8 and used VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

Once it was completed, I got error message Err: A5,70,39,00,27

It said Bootloader 30.01

WTF do I do now?? I just want my phone back to stock. dont care for which version of 2.2 (official or not official)

Which SBF file should I be flashing? Would Blur_2.3.320_System_2.2.1 work???

Edit: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flashed .320 SBF and now its stuck at the Red Eye logo and the "Droid" words. It keeps switching back and forth from the two

HELP!!!

From the Root Guide:
Guide to restoring your Droid X to stock 2.2 OTA VIA RSD Lite "SBF"

->-> Droidxforums, Roooler, and Myself take no resposibility for any damage this may directly or indirectly cause your phone.
->->By following this guide YOU take all responsibility for the outcome good or bad.

*******************************************************************************************
I Take no credit for the methods used here. They are a combination of information I found at various sites.
I only read, retained, reworded, and regurgitated it for you. Hopefully in an easy to understand and follow form.

*******************************************************************************************

***Required Files and Hardware***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Motorola USB drivers (Windows 32 bit) (Windows 64 bit)
- RSD Lite 4.8 (Get It Here) No longer needs patched.
- Droid X 2.2 SBF (Get It Here) <- THIS IS ONLY FOR 2.2 NOT 2.2.1 / 2.3.340
- USB 2.0

DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOUR BATTERY IS @ 80% OR HIGHER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

***Instructions***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Unzip the 2.2 sbf to a working/temp folder
- Open RSD Lite, tap the

Upvote 0
Hi.. my phone was working fine. I had the leak .320 I believe

I wanted to flash back to STOCK. So I got RSDLite 4.8 and used VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01.sbf

Once it was completed, I got error message Err: A5,70,39,00,27

It said Bootloader 30.01

WTF do I do now?? I just want my phone back to stock. dont care for which version of 2.2 (official or not official)

Which SBF file should I be flashing? Would Blur_2.3.320_System_2.2.1 work???

You flashed the wrong sbf; look for the 2.3.320 full sbf and flash that with rsdlite.

Then you can do the 2.3.340 system sbf, and you will be back to stock.

Upvote 0
I just did this and now its stuck at the Eye logo and the "Droid" words. It keeps switching back and forth from the two

HELP!!!

g- Pull the battery out of the phone.
h- Replace battery and then do the following with the phone powered OFF
i- HOLD Home and turn the Phone On. When you see an android with a exclamation mark Release HOME and press the Search Button.
- Use the volume up/down buttons to highlight the option

Upvote 0
There should be an option for reboot phone. Give that a try.

One thing to keep in mind that its fairly unlikely that you will wind up in a situation where your phone is truly bricked. Just make sure you don't run your phone out of battery, because then you will be in a bind.

It sounds to me like you are using the incorrect sbf, but I am very far from experienced with this stuff. Do you know what version of andriod you are on?

When I needed to SBF to version 2.2.1 I used http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/droid-x-discussion/5633-droid-x-2-3-32-full-sbf.html and it worked just fine.

Upvote 0
I just tried this.

When I press "wipe data/factory reset"

it says "E:can't open /cache/recovery/command"

any ideas?

This won't work because you flashed the wrong sbf.....if you try what I suggested a few posts up you should be set.

Go into bootloader mode to flash 2.3.320 full sbf file.

To get into bootloader mode, press and hold both volume keys; while still pressing and holding both volume keys, press the power button......once the phone is in bootloader mode you can let go of the volume keys.

Now plug the phone in to the usb cable and make sure rsdlite detects your phone. Once the phone is detected you can flash the 2.3.320 full sbf file. When you have completed the first sbf flash, you can now flash the 2.3.340 system only sbf file and you will be back to stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones