1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck at " download is in progress...." screen.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HereticSins, Dec 22, 2011.

1. HereticSins

HereticSins Android Expert

I was updating to the new software, but i guess the cable disconnected and now my phone is stuck at that screen. and when i try to restart the update. the updater gives me the "software update is not supported for this model" message. what do i do? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Try this:

Emergency Download mode (referred to as e-mode) on LG phones is a mode that allows for flashing firmwares. It is often reserved for flashing after the phones has been messed up by improper flash or for cross-carrier flashing when the current firmware does not allow it. LG Android Phones

Turn off the phone
    Press and hold the volume down key + power/lock key
    When the screen displays LG logo, release the keys
    Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable

3. HereticSins

As soon as I turn it on it just goes to that screen. it doesnt show the lg screen.

4. ShinySide

Take it to Metro and warranty it.

HereticSins likes this.
  5. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

k unplug ur usb take out battery plug usb back in without out battery power back on then put battery back in and hit restart it should work!!!!!

6. HereticSins

Do you think theyll give me a replacement right there and than?
    haha, cuz its technically lgs fault. :p

well i tried ure suggestion and the lgmobile support program detects my phone it shows the software but for some reason the "model:" is blank and thats whats not letting me update my phone.

7. ShinySide

I doubt it. For 2 reasons. 1. alot and I mean alot of places are on back order. When I say alot I mean from Florida to Cali

For 2 Metro has 2 inventories. One for activation /selling and one for replacements.

Have you tried leaving the phone completely off? The phone I updated I left off and just plugged it in and let it go to the charge screen because I had no operating system to boot into if I turned it on and the LG tool saw the phone and updated.

8. HereticSins

Well Im in California, I went to the store and the manager just asked me what happened to it. I told him it froze during an update and he just tried to hard reset it than went to the back and got me a new one.

And yeah I did. I left it without a battery for the whole night. the lgmobile connected to my phone got the software version of it, but not the model for some reason.

Thanks for the help. :)

9. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

glad ya got it replaced easily and sorry we couldnt offer more help. Some times they are just broke lol

;)

10. HereticSins

Yeah, Ive always had good luck with metro. :)
    And thank you.

I think ima wait till theres a fix for bricks before i try to upgrade again.
    Idk who, but im like that other member with the oc to have everything up to date. :p

11. ShinySide

<-----That dude has OCD for things to be up to date ahahaha

Congrats dude! really because you were lucky to actually find one and not be put on a waiting list

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews