• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck at " download is in progress...." screen.

Try this:

Emergency Download mode (referred to as e-mode) on LG phones is a mode that allows for flashing firmwares. It is often reserved for flashing after the phones has been messed up by improper flash or for cross-carrier flashing when the current firmware does not allow it. LG Android Phones

Turn off the phone
Press and hold the volume down key + power/lock key
When the screen displays LG logo, release the keys
Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable

Upvote 0
I doubt it. For 2 reasons. 1. alot and I mean alot of places are on back order. When I say alot I mean from Florida to Cali

For 2 Metro has 2 inventories. One for activation /selling and one for replacements.

Have you tried leaving the phone completely off? The phone I updated I left off and just plugged it in and let it go to the charge screen because I had no operating system to boot into if I turned it on and the LG tool saw the phone and updated.

Upvote 0
I doubt it. For 2 reasons. 1. alot and I mean alot of places are on back order. When I say alot I mean from Florida to Cali

For 2 Metro has 2 inventories. One for activation /selling and one for replacements.

Have you tried leaving the phone completely off? The phone I updated I left off and just plugged it in and let it go to the charge screen because I had no operating system to boot into if I turned it on and the LG tool saw the phone and updated.

Well Im in California, I went to the store and the manager just asked me what happened to it. I told him it froze during an update and he just tried to hard reset it than went to the back and got me a new one.

And yeah I did. I left it without a battery for the whole night. the lgmobile connected to my phone got the software version of it, but not the model for some reason.

Thanks for the help. :)

Upvote 0
Well Im in California, I went to the store and the manager just asked me what happened to it. I told him it froze during an update and he just tried to hard reset it than went to the back and got me a new one.

And yeah I did. I left it without a battery for the whole night. the lgmobile connected to my phone got the software version of it, but not the model for some reason.

Thanks for the help. :)
glad ya got it replaced easily and sorry we couldnt offer more help. Some times they are just broke lol

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones