1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Stuck at LG screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by straycatstrat, Jun 18, 2012.

1. straycatstrat

straycatstrat Lurker
    None

Okay, so a friend asked me to root her LG Vortex.

I followed the instructions, sucessfully rooted it and installed a recovery image. Then tried a few different ROMs, and she said she wanted the ROM I had on my Incredible. I then found this thread and decided to give it a go.

Upon installing the recovery image, I rebooted the phone, and now it keeps looping at the LG logo.

I don't want to have to surrender my Incredible to her, so I'm hoping that there is a way to rescue her phone.

HELP?!

Reason I would have to surrender my Incredible to her is because I told her that if I broke her phone (that she loved) that I would give her my Incredible (which I love - and put lots of time into rooting it and putting a good ROM on it and configuring it the way I like)

Advertisement

2. kappacat

kappacat Member
    None

Nov 5, 2011
    Okay, what happened is that recovery is not so good. Hence the brick.
    Use this guide on http://androidforums.com/vortex-all-things-root/437559-i-broke-endless-verizon-loop.html to restore the phone and flash this recovery after re-rooting and such. http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/330813-all-one-recovery-thread.html And then use that to flash the rom and only the rom. Not the recovery. Plus in that cm7 thread if you look through it it sites fixes to some rom problems. Have fun, and good luck.

3. straycatstrat

straycatstrat Lurker
    None

That is of no help, sadly :-(

When you first turn on the phone, it shows up the LG logo with LG, and it just stays there. Does not show the next screen, and after a couple of minutes it will flash away for a split second, come back and repeat process.

That guide probably would help if I could get further, but I don't.

4. kappacat

kappacat Member
    None

Nov 5, 2011
    Are you sure? I've never used the program personally but I heard of other people using it to fix a broken recovery. I don't think it would hurt to try.
    If that doesn't work you could always try to use ADB. I've heard of that being useful as well.

5. straycatstrat

straycatstrat Lurker
    None

Okay. I'll read on and find out.

Unlocking would come in handy as I have a MyTouch Q I want to use lol

6. straycatstrat

straycatstrat Lurker
    None

Nope. Its a no go. I had installed the LGE drivers, and was able to get the program to see the phone for like a split second. It has done it a couple times, then wouldn't do it again. I had unplugged the phone from the computer, pulled the battery from the phone, let it sit for a while, then tried again, but this time I wasn't able to get the program to see the phone again.

Did I completely brick the phone?

Tags: