• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck at Motorola logo

dcj1978

Lurker
Jul 13, 2014
I have an old Droid X that I'm giving to one of my kids. It was having some issues and stopped booting in general.

I decided to sbf and opened up rsdlite, pointed to the sbf file I was told to use (since I took that nasty OTA update that made my phone not allow any sbf before it), and it failed.. hrm..

I moved the file to the C drive, ran rsdlite as admin (I'm on Windows 7) and tried again. ...Failed.

I then moved the sbf file to the directory of rsdlite and ran a long dos command to run the file in a specific way. (Basically the same exact thing, just through the command prompt).

Still, no good.

I decided to use the linux distro (1KDStaz_MX_4.5.604) to sbf and get everything back into working order. This is the one that worked for me in the past and I had faith it would work this time.

Burned a cd from the image, attempt 1, fail.
Created a bootable flash drive from the image, attempt 2, fail.

So now, I'm staring at an old Droid X with the red Moto logo. I can't get into recovery. I tried holding down Home and power but I never get anything beyond the M logo.

The Bootloader says..

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Any help with this?

The Bootloader says..

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Any help with this?

The last time I had that, I left the battery out overnight and it turned on fine the next day.

I'm not in the know on phone programming, etc, but that worked. Mine is currently stuck on the M logo -- did a reset to factory/wipe and cleared the cache (?) and still stuck.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones