• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at recovery (rooted)

H_R

Lurker
Aug 15, 2013
Hello there
I have an express that is rooted, I tried to reset factory it because I wanted to send it to guarantee but now it is stuck in recovery mood at the top it says recovery boot and the Samsung logo is under it but it does not go forward.

Please help me :)

The following assumes you have an American sgh-i437, not the international i8730. Even though they have the same name, the internal hardware is different. The process is similar, but you will probably have to search in different places to get the right software for your phone. Using the wrong version will brick your phone.

Do a Google search for "samsung odin tutorial". You'll get a bunch of results including some YouTube videos. I don't think there's one for the Express, but you'll get the idea.

Search on xda-developers for "galaxy express root". One of the methods uses Odin and has a download link for a version of Odin that will work on the Express, and the drivers you'll need on the PC.

Look in samfirmware.com for the original Odin loadable firmware for the Express. This will flash the phone back to factory stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones