• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck at rooting

scrapy007

Lurker
Aug 9, 2011
Hi Guys

i seek some advice for the following Problem:

upon my way to install persian fonts to the device i learned this week, that the device needs to be rooted. I did this with SuperoneClick.
Next i got the files required for the fonts.
After that i downloaded ADB and made a copy of the system files of the phone.
Then i used the shell command from ADB to gain write access to the system files. Next i copied the files to the required folders (system/font and system/lib). (Unfortunatly i forgot to reset the system folder to read only.)
I exited adb and rebooted the phone.
But now the phone will not boot.

I tried access the phone again with the shell but now i have no super-user-rights and cannot access the system folder.

I tried to reset to the factory setting and no improvement.

Do you have any suggestions, how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance !

PS:
My first post on this Forum, so please forgive me if i am wrong....

If you are stuck at booting .It means a particular system file is corrupted/damaged/incompatible .
Super User permissions are locked on booting due to security reasons.

Factory reset is futile since you modified the system folder.

What you can do is
Reflash a stock samsung firmware of your region from samfirmware.com.

Upvote 0
i have rooted my phone with z4 root and installed rom manager. when i try to install clockwork Mod recovery from rom manager, it asks me to select my phone model. which phone model m i suppose to select to continue installing custom rom??

NOO .STOP .CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH SAMSUNG PHONES .YOU WILL HARD BRICK THE PHONE .Also you will void the warranty since you messed with the boot partitions

There is only one custom ROM currently for galaxy 551 ,Arkas ,and it is to be flashed with ODIN only !!Check the Enigma forums

Enigma - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones