1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General stuck at spl rainbow screen!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uries62, Dec 30, 2009.

1. uries62

uries62 New Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I just received a G1 over ebay yesterday and had everything set up fine within a day. I checked the firmware version, and I had 1.5 and was possibly considering upgrading to donut, or maybe going the cyanogen route.

I wake up this morning and have a request for an OTA update to the phone to 1.6. I select yes and it updates over WIFI. I wasn't sure how long it would take so I plugged it into USB to keep a charge.

I come back to the phone after 10 minutes and I see that I am stuck at the stock SPL screen (rainbow). It says " Serial 0 " at the bottom, with the top status as :

DREA 100 PVT 32B
    HBOOT 0.95.0000
    CPLD 4
    Rado 2.22.19.26I

Sep 2 2008

I wasn't expecting a problem at all so, I checked on the forums and thought maybe the the upgrade didn't proceed properly so I downloaded the OTA zip for 1.6, renamed it o update.zip, and rebooted to recovery mode. I wiped my data, (alt-w) and then reinstalled (alt-s). Upon successful completion, I restarted and was still stuck in the SPL screen. I can reboot (GREEN+MENU+RED), and by pressing nothing, I end up in SPL, or by pressing HOME, I get to the recovery console.

At this point, I searched around again for 30 minutes or so, and saw the stuck camera button problem and took off the back battery case and performed a restart and still went straight to the SPL with almost no delay. The camera button depresses properly and doesnt seem to be stuck. I took pictures last night without a problem.

After all this, I figured I should just start off fresh, so I flashed the DREAMG.nbh for RC29 that is listed everywhere in order to get root. On restart, I held down the camera button, and the white screen comes up to ask if I want to boot image.

I do, and everything goes off without a hitch, I press action key to restart and end up at the SPL screen again, this time, my radio is down to v1.2 instead of 2.2 so I know I changed something. I have done this update twice just to make sure everything is going right but I am still stuck at SPL.

Sorry for the extensive post, but as you can see, I did a bit of trouble shooting before I posted this.

I am worried now that my battery might die before I fix this, as I had about 64% before I started the update. I have the battery out and am waiting for a reply. I hope someone can give me some insight into whats going on and what, if anything I can do with my 2 day old g1

Advertisement

Tags: