1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck at white loading screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by velocity, May 17, 2011.

1. velocity

velocity Newbie

I was running kings r4 and wanted to upgrade to r5. Before I did that I noticed that my recovery was changed from amon_ra. I think that was from when I was experimenting with rom manager awhile back. So I flashed amon_ra that was linked in the post for kings r5. The phone booted up fine then I rebooted into recovery and did a nandroid backup. Then I was going to boot back up and transfer the rom to flash but it never booted again. It was going past the white evo screen and getting to the boot animation for kings but it would just keep looping, white screen, boot animation, off then start all over. At this point I have flashed the latest amon_ra and tried to flash the r5 but now it is just totally hanging at the white screen. Any help would be appreciated. Also I have an old known good working backup with clockworkmod but I don't know which version was used to create it is there a way to find out?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

when you flashed kings r5 did you wipe system, dalvik cache and cache? and can you get into recovery? if so re-wipe and flash again.

3. velocity

velocity Newbie

I got it fixed finally. I think the issue was a corrupt recovery. I reflashed amon_ra and r5 and it worked. Creating a nandroid as we speak.

4. ocnbrze

nice!!!!!!!glad you got it going.

5. corybantic

corybantic Well-Known Member

Seems that Rom Manager has been giving issues as of late...

6. velocity

velocity Newbie

I know I won't be re-installing it.

7. beastinbolts

beastinbolts Android Expert

I have only been around for a short while but.. Rom manager seems to try to make things easier but seems to always foul up some where.. I believe that when you get in to the aspect of righting to they system and making exe files do different things romm manager is to much of a program to do the job.

8. ocnbrze

i also think that part of the issue is that it really does not do a good job at wiping.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews