• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck Busy Signal

luvmynad

Jul 5, 2010
Not sure if anyone has run into this problem as most phone calls are met with voice mail or an answer but every time I make a call and it is met with a busy signal it won't go away even after i hang up. The phone is hung up and I can go to the home screen and use other applications and the busy signal is still buzzing through the speaker. The only way I have been able to end the busy signal is to restart the phone or shut it off.

Any ideas or suggestions to remedy this?:thinking:

I had an area I was in yesterday that my phone wouldn't make calls, just went to a busy signal. Although mine didn't continue to beep after I hung up. I rebooted, updated the PRL and the Data Profile, and it fixed it.

I'd call Sprint on that one, see if they can do something with it. They'll probably have you take it in to a store to get looked at.

Upvote 0
Had this happen a couple times, very strange, seems network related as i know they are updating alot of towers these days, esp. near me - retentions said 27 :(

Had to reset the phone completely bc it froze with the busy signal -

Also had like a fast fwd effect happen 2x as well, like someone had an old tape player and held the fast fwd button down slighly when someone was calling - weird stuff lately

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones