• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck deodexing.. ug...

ECFfighter7232

Android Expert
Jul 21, 2010
Maryland
ok so this isnt the first time I've had to deodex my phone... but somehow im stuck..
I had to get a replacement X because half of my screen crapped out on the original one. so now that I have the new one its time to get a theme back on it. The last couple times I deodexed the manual way but now form some reason my computer is recognizing xultimates files as a trojan and erasing the main.exe file I need
So I decided to use 928Droids files. I downloaded the "928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed.zip" and when i install it through clockwork it does its thing then I choose reboot phone.
All looks to have worked fine, except when I go into system/app I still have Odexed files?! wtf? Am I missing something here? Is this .zip not working for some reason?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones