1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stuck in 1X all day??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DILands, Jun 24, 2011.

1. DILands

DILands Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406
    Hey All - I know that there have been other posts about the. My question is "Is Verizon aware of the sim card issue/resolution" to this problem?

I guess I'm getting really good battery life. LOL

Advertisement

2. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    This happens to me fairly frequently. Restarting the phone seems to cause it to jump back to 4G, but it also shaves off a nasty chunk of battery, too. My only other alternative is using the LTE OnOff app to go down to 3G, which is kinda disappointing since I'm supposed to be on 4G. Sometimes, if I wait 4-5 hours and then put it back into 4G mode, it'll correct itself (but not always).

I'm hoping this is something that can (and will) be fixed in a future software update, but I have a feeling this is going to be a persistent issue with the Thunderbolt. :/ I'm curious if the Droid Charge and LG Revolution suffer from this problem. Not that I'd be interested in either of those phones over the Thunderbolt, but I wonder if it's an issue with Verizon's network, or with the phone itself.

3. DILands

DILands Android Expert

Apr 8, 2010
    King of Prussia PA 19406

Interesting - I had to restart it - and - it's back in 4G (at least for now). Also - I actually installed PowerMax this morning. I went into the "History", and the battery was constantly at 79% after the restart 70%.

I know that battery indicators are notoriously inaccurate - but - that is quite a hit.

4. IRuninCircles

IRuninCircles Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    Mine has been going into 1x for the past few days....also tried to use my GPS to find my doctors office the other day, but my phone thought I was in North Carolina...I live in Georgia, wasn't too helpful......Hadn't had either of those two issues in a few weeks, concerned with why it is happening again...

5. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Chicago/NW Indiana
    Ive had problem going in and out of 4G the last two weeks. Still have problems locking on to GPS. Should I be looking for a new phone? Or will a sofware update correct all this?