• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in a boot loop

Pojken

May 5, 2010
I feel really stupid.

Okay, so using this I got it working with Defrost 2.6a and 32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20.zip.

I then poked around in the Defrost app and saw the battery mod so I applied it. After a while, though, I decided I didn't like it and wanted to go back to this one.

Here's the stupid part - I then went into ROM Manager and applied it. Now, the phone is stuck in a boot loop with the Nexus One animation.

I am sure there's an easy fix, but I seriously don't know what I'm doing. I'm just flying by the seat of my pants here. I did a back up using both ROM Manager and Titanium Backup. I can get to recovery mode, but can't find any backups.

Any help? Gah... I feel dumb.

Tim

Probably doesn't work with the latest defrost.

Try this:

• Turn the phone off
  • Download pushfiles_windows.zip
  • unzip this
  • plug your phone into pc
  • turn phone back on whilst holding volume down
  • use vol keys to navigate to recovery option, and select this.
  • when the screen changes to the (i forgot what it looks like), run recovery-windows.bat from the zip file you downloaded
  • should now see recovery options?
  • flash the defrost rom again (this will reset the batt mod u flashed), or apply the nandroid backup you created

Upvote 0
Hehehe... I actually tried that via experimentation. However, I went to Flash Zip from sdcard and there was only "update.zip." I couldn't find the Defrost ROM. I also went into the Backup/Restore, but got a "Couldn't open directory /sdcard/nandroid/".

More help? Is there a way to get the Defrost ROM to show up? It's in my sdcard's download folder at the moment. Should I go in and move and rename it? (If so, how and where?)

Tim

Upvote 0
God... It's fixed.

I ended up moving and renaming (just in case) the Defrost ROM to the root directory on the sdcard. I had to use a card reader. It showed up and I flashed it. It took forever and a day to reboot, but eventually did and now it works.

Somehow... Thank you thank you thank you. I feel I am a more learned man now.

Tim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones