1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck in Accessibility mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BruceC, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BruceC

BruceC Newbie

I just updated to JB and it was working nicely till I tried turning on Accessibility to see how TalkBack worked on text! I didn't do the tutorial, and it doesn't seem to respond to normal button presses the same, so I rebooted, and can't get past the SIM lock. I key in the correct numbers, then OK, and nothing happens. I tried swiping right for the next screen. No good. I found this page for Nexus 7 accessibility gestures, but haven't found any specific to the One x:
    Accessibility gestures for Android 4.1 and later (Jelly Bean) - Nexus Help

HELP!!! Any suggestions?

Bruce

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BruceC

BruceC Newbie

Update. It looks like the digitizer has gone peculiar. While trying to turn off from the power button menu, it switched to Airplane mode. I managed to restart and held the Volume Down button, and it came up in safe mode. At least the PIN lock is gone for now, but it won't respond to sliding the unlock ring.

I booted into the Boot Mode screen, and selected Recovery, which brought up a red triangle with exclamation mark for a few minutes, then rebooted. No change, and still has TalkBack enabled. It looks like the next thing to try is a Factory Reset unless anyone else has any other ideas? I will sleep on it before doing this!

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I'm not sure what your other options are unfortunately. :(

What do you need backed up?

4. BruceC

BruceC Newbie

Yes, did a backup before JB, so nothing lost, just the tedious few days sorting it all out. A good time to do it at least - JB may benefit from a complete reset and re-install.

Just dusted off my Desire till I brave the factory reset. Nice to refresh the apps on the old dear, but the hard buttons are a bit of a pain after the One X : )

5. BruceC

BruceC Newbie

Factory reset sorted it. Now the fun starts :( MyBackup Pro and my Google account will ease the pain.

WARNING!
    Don't fiddle with Accessibility mode unless you mean it, then follow the tutorial :)

El Presidente likes this.
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I always struggle with homescreen placements after a flash, does MBP back them up for you?

Also ringtones & notification sounds, I wish I could find an app that backed all that sort of thing up.

Anyway, glad you're sorted. :)

7. BruceC

BruceC Newbie

Not sure, I tend to do a mixture of manual folder dragging from the MBP backup, and selective restores of data. The Google account loads up all the apps nicely. As my last backup was before JB, I didn't try restoring system settings in case, but they may well contain all the minor stuff that takes ages to sort out. I ought to read up on exactly what MBP backs up.

All going smoothly so far thanks. :)

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews