• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck in Android System Recovery! :(

Get it completely fixed or just try and get out of ASR.

• Try and get out of Android System Recovery only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Birdyyy

Lurker
Sep 19, 2014
I have a Galaxy S4, and I dropped it last week, creating a dent in the volume bar (only the VOL. down button works) and sending 2 crack right across my screen UNDER my screen protector :/ Ever since then, my phone was acting normally until this morning, when my the two touchscreen buttons on either side of the home button weren't working. I tried restarting it and ended up in "Android System Recovery". I've chosen "reboot system now" and it always ends in "error". Wiping data/factory reset also doesn't work. So basically nothing works. I've only ever dropped my phone twice and both times I've cracked it. Is there a way to get out of system recovery, or should I get the phone completely fixed instead? Please help! Thank you :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones