• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck in BLUE FASTBOOT mode sceen!!!

doihaveto

Nov 28, 2009
dapper duck build with clockwork recovery and I am no longer able to boot into recovery or even get back into the phone its self every reboot attempt or battery pull is taking me to the lg logo and the blue fastboot mode sceen.

i even get it past the logo and verizon animation by pressing vol up and power end button on power up but it boot loops on the android bootanimation

If you can get into fastboot you can use the android sdk, and use drellisdee's fastboot method to flash on a new recovery. From there you can flash a new rom.

From fastboot, using the android sdk, start at step 5 and go from there.

1) copy flash_image & recovery-RA_GNM_1.13.img to the root of your sdcard

2) Setup fastboot drivers. Copy these lines into your android_winusb.inf in usb drivers in android sdk or use my kit that is linked above. They go in 2 places x86 (up top) and amd (lower part).

Code:
;LG Ally
%SingleAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_618E&MI_01
;%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB Install, USB\VID_1004&PID_618E&REV_0100&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_D00D
3) Issue command adb reboot-bootloader from command prompt and your phone will reboot to a blue screen that says Fastboot. Goto device manager and you should see an android listing that is unknown. Right click and update driver and select browse for driver then let me pick from list of drivers on my computer. If you see android bootloader interface pick it and you are good. If not use have disk and browse to android_winusb.inf and you should see the android bootloader interface.

4) Issue command fastboot reboot to test if its working. Phone should reboot and then do adb reboot-bootloader.

5) Place recovery-RA_GNM_1.13.img in android sdk tools folder and give command
Code:
 fastboot boot recovery-RA_GNM_1.13.img
6) Once it reboots into my recovery use adb shell and once you get root # prompt type
Code:
/ # mount /sdcard

/ # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA_GNM_1.13.img

/ # umount /sdcard

/ # reboot
7) Power phone off then boot holding SEND+MENU+PWR and let go when you see the LG logo

8) If it reboots to stock recovery which is a android guy and a yellow "!" or if you have tried it a few times and know you released the keys when you see the LG logo and you got nothing just the VZW splash then do this:

If you used flash_image and the above happens use this from my recovery (not stock) adb shell:

Code:
/ # mount system 

/ # cd system/etc 

/ # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak 

/ # umount system 

/ # mount /sdcard 

/ # umount /sdcard 

/ # reboot
or with root from regular adb shell as root # (assuming you did the updated root steps prior to step#1 to put flash_image in /system/bin and have recovery.img already on sdcard.)

Code:
/ # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

/ # cd system/etc 

/ # mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak 

/ # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

/ # reboot
9) MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!!!!!

PayPal USD Donations

Thread with links for his new v1.2.3 recovery:

http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/146564-ally-recovery-img-here-custom-roms.htm

Reactions: doihaveto
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones