• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck in boot loop hell? never seen this before

Lock-N-Load

Android Expert
Feb 8, 2010
WestSiiiide
So, trying a new Chevy kernel I went into boot loop. No biggie, I just booted into recovery and went back to my goto kernel. BUT, now that causes boot loops and in fact, any kernel I load - I have tried 4 - causes a boot loop. even my stable goto.

any ideas?

I tried an 800, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 by Chevy - prvoen to be stable for me - and my goto kernel and all cause a boot loop. this is so strange. never seen such a thing before.

nope.. same old process I have always done. test a new kernel. if it fails, boot into recovery and bot back into one of the 3-4 I keep on my SD card. tried them all, ones that have always worked, and none worked.

just rolled back to an old ROM from 5 days ago, it booted fine and the goto kernel that did not boot above booted fine as usual.

so odd....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones