1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support stuck in boot loop, want to recover files before factory reset - having pull issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anikplunk, Nov 17, 2014.

1. anikplunk

anikplunk Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2014
    Hello! So my phone is stuck in a boot loop, and I want to get some files off it before i do a factory reset. I am having issues with the cmd prompt aspect - any help would be so appreciated!

About my Samsung S2
    Model # GT-I9100
    Australian
    I am unsure of android version, build number etc as the phone only starts in system recovery <3e>.

I have been following this wonderful post, and have downloaded SDK Manager, started the phone in system recovery. Unfortunately, my version of sysrecovery doesn't have a Mount & Storage menu item. I only have these options; reboot system now; apply update from ADB; apply update from external storage; Wipe data/factory reset; wipe cache partition; apply update from cache.

So, I skipped this step, which the post said might be possible, and attempted to pull all data (I don't remember all the file locations of the files I want, so will try and pull them all and go through what i need.

I attempted to use in cmd prompt the following:

I fiddled with the syntax, until this seemed to get more of a result:

BUT, I got the following list scrolling forever on "skipping special file", as seen here

[​IMG]

Any ideas on where to go from here?

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    On an un-rooted phone, try wiping the cache partition to get you out of the boot loop...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyYHfb1Afg

If you are also rooted and have a custom recovery, you can wipe the Dalvik cache as well.

3. anikplunk

anikplunk Lurker
    None

Nov 17, 2014

Gave it a go but no cigar, thanks anyway! :)