• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in Boot Loop

BalloonPark

Lurker
Jan 24, 2013
For about a week my Strat has been shutting itself off without warning in the middle of use. No shut down animation, just a black screen. Usually I can just turn it right back on, but today it got stuck in a boot loop.

It will only display the Samsung logo, go to black, and do it again. Trying for a factory rest (Volume Keys and power button) does not work, the phone just resets and displays the Samsung logo again and again. Same issue with holding just the down volume key.

Even after taking out the battery for a few hours, as soon as I put it back in the loop restarts regardless if I touch the power button.

My phone is not rooted, and I have had it for about one year.

My google fu is weak, and I have been unable to find any solution to this.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks!

For about a week my Strat has been shutting itself off without warning in the middle of use. No shut down animation, just a black screen. Usually I can just turn it right back on, but today it got stuck in a boot loop.

It will only display the Samsung logo, go to black, and do it again. Trying for a factory rest (Volume Keys and power button) does not work, the phone just resets and displays the Samsung logo again and again. Same issue with holding just the down volume key.

Even after taking out the battery for a few hours, as soon as I put it back in the loop restarts regardless if I touch the power button.

My phone is not rooted, and I have had it for about one year.

My google fu is weak, and I have been unable to find any solution to this.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks!
Although it sounds like the kernel or file system is corrupted, I would try removing the SIM card and try to boot, if that works I would contact VZW for a replacement SIM card.

The reboot in call was a common issues with the Stratosphere, I had two replaced for that exact issue, although I was always able to recover from it, it appears to be a hardware issue since I tried several ROMs and kernels and had no success in avoiding it once it started.

Honestly though, if you have factory defaulted, are on the stock ROM (no CWM Recovery), there aren't a lot of options other than getting a replacement. At one year the device is out of warranty so you would need to have Verizon's TEC (Total Equipement Coverage) but if you don't I believe open enrollment into the plan is available right now (till the end of the month if I remember correctly) so you might be able to sneak into the program and get a replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones