1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Stuck in bootloader after SBFing...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kross, Aug 22, 2011.

1. kross

kross Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Hello. Man do I feel dumb. I just recently got my replacement phone in the other day, and I wanted to get back onto rooted Gingerbread. So after SBFing through the Linux disc, and getting onto .340, I did the steps to install Gingerbread. But as I began installing from Clockwork, I accidentally hit the wrong file and installed part 2 instead of part 1 of .596. My phone froze, and not knowing what to do I pulled my battery. Since then, after several battery pulls my phone has been stuck on the bootloader screen. It doesn't even go into a bootloop.

I've SBFed using the linux disc twice so far, each time I've erased data/cache, and each time it's still not doing anything but going to the bootloader screen. I feel like I'm in trouble here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    What does the bootloader screen say on it?

3. kross

kross Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Bootloader

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

4. binary visions

binary visions Android Expert
    None

May 14, 2010
    Are you leaving the USB cord plugged in when you reboot after the SBF?

If so, just unplug the USB cord and reboot the phone/pull the battery. I can't remember what the trigger is, if it's the driver that's loaded or RSDlite being up or whatever, but in some circumstances your phone will automatically reboot into the bootloader when plugged into the computer.

If it just says OK to program, it's usually not booting into the bootloader because of an error - if there's an error loading the OS and it throws you into the bootloader, it will display the error code.

5. xmike

xmike Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    Also, you can boot into stock recovery by holding the home button while powering up. If you sbf'ed to froyo just hit the search button and it comes up. Then factory reset and that should fix the problem.

6. kross

kross Newbie
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Ended up just taking it into Verizon, and they exchanged it no questions asked. Apparently a lot of people have been bringing in "bricked" Droid X's due to the OTA update...

Thanks to everyone that helped though!

7. bgardner15

bgardner15 Member
    None

Feb 4, 2010
    I am having the same problem. I flashed back to froyo using the linux cd and when it boots I just get the apex neon sign and thats it? now that is all I get so I may have to do the same take it to verizon and get another one. the last time I flashed it back I got the big droid eye but not this time. All I get now is just the green light for power......