1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Stuck in bootloop, can't get into recovery.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tical84, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Tical84

Tical84 Member

Oct 18, 2010
    Hey everyone, I need your help and I haven't been able to find the solution through searching.

I had installed CM9 Nightly with no issues except for horrible battery life (having to charge twice a day from my usual once every two days on the stock 2.3.3) so I decided to try out CM7 and apparently that was a huge mistake because now I'm stuck in a bootloop. I get the Galaxy S Cyanogen screen, then it quickly goes through like it's loading something, then flashes the Galaxy GT-I9000M screen then starts all over again.

I can get into the downloading screen with Vol-, Home and Power so I tried using Odin to reflash but when I plug my phone into my computer I get "USB not recognized."

What else can I do?

Advertisement

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    Hey Tical, I moved this to the Galaxy S All Things Root Section. Thanks for understanding. :)

3. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    A boot loop is pretty normal when installing cm7. Try to go into recovery and install cm7 again. This should do the trick.
    Btw : Volume up, Home and Power buttons together.
    When you see the Samsung logo you should release the keys for about a second and then press them again.
    This should get you into recovery mode.