1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck in CWM 5.0.2.7 HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frozty_69, Dec 23, 2012.

1. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

OK, I've been searching everywhere on the internet on how to fix this.. either nothing works or i don't understand it :thinking: I'm a noob. My phone (LG Optimus V VM670) is stuck in a cwm recovery v5.0.2.7 loop and i don't have the slightest clue how to fix it. Any help is very much appreciated. But since I'm a noob, I'm gonna need step-by-step instructions :( When I turn it on, it loads the lg sign then goes straight to the recovery. Then i have to click the home button and the back button simultaneously until it say "back menu button enabled" appears then i can work with it. Please anybody help as much as they can!

When the back menu is enabled, this is what the buttons do:

Menu: Nothing
    Home: Nothing
    Back: Up
    Search: Down
    Power Button: Select
    Vol + : Nothing
    Vol - : Up
    Voice: Up
    Camera Button: Returns to cwm menu​

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *

3. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Android Enthusiast

Restore backup or flash a new rom

In cwm wipe data fac reset
    Wipe cashe
    In advanced wipe dalvik

Then indtall zip from sd card and install rom, or restore the backup

4. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *

If restoring backup, you need to :
    Wipe data / factory reset, wipe cache partition
    under advanced sub menu, wipe dalvik cache.
    then under mounts and storage sub menu,
    format all partitions except SD card.
    restore backup and reboot.

5. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

Ok, so i went to the "Optimus V Phone Stuck" thread and it had another thread called " do not factory reset your rooted phone" so i went to it and that said to put Xionia_cwma_recover.zip_v1.2518.6 onto my sd card and go to install update from sd. i did and this is what my phone did:

-- installing: /sdcard/xiona_cwma_12518.6.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening Update package...
    Installing update...
    installation aborted

-.- ...WHY does it "abort Installation"?? :( I tried clearing everything it would give me the option to (except format sdcard) but nothing worked.. maybe im doing this wrong?? Idk, its so frustrating.
    I am able to make new backups with this thing, is it possible that somebody could make a backup that could fix this?

6. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

7. Earthnfire78

Earthnfire78 Well-Known Member

8. Earthnfire78

If you flash the ZenGarden recovery zip, do not reboot the recovery. The install is only temporary, so rebooting well cause you to boot back into your current recovery.

9. AndyOpie150

When you flash a zipped recovery it will not appear until you reboot the Clockworkmod recovery.
    I've had to do this to fix my recovery loop, a while back. If you don't reboot you will still be in the clockworkmod recovery which has no "fix recovery loop" option.
    This advice is coming from actual experience.

10. Earthnfire78

The zip i built runs the killrecovery.sh script and is only a fakeflash, not a fullflash it runs on top of the current recoveries kernel.

AndyOpie150 likes this.
  11. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

Ok so i flashed it and it automatically put me into zengarden. good to see something new on this thing :D I managed to find the fix recovery boot-loop and selected it. then it rebooted me back into cwm recovery? i can go back to zengarden and everything but what do i do? I appreciate the help guys and i think were getting close so im a little excited lol

12. Earthnfire78

download a ROM and flesh the ZenGarden zip again, then flash the ROM and see if it boots after installing ROM.

13. AndyOpie150

Which is why it booted back into the CWMod recovery.

14. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

ill download a stock rom and flash it. i will let you know how that goes in a few min.

15. AndyOpie150

Try the Xionia recovery in it's zip form found here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1200365
    This is what I used.
    Go to bottom of first post. This is a full flash, which is what is needed to get out of a recovery loop.
    Sorry, I assumed the ZenGarden was a full flash, instead of a fake flash.

16. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

nothing... it does the same as cwm with randomly aborting installation :/ but this is trial and error. we'll (well you guys lol) find something that will work though!

17. Earthnfire78

When it aborting installation what is the UI message printed on the screen?

18. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

i flashed xonia and clicked rebooted from the advanced optins menu. it rebooted, said it formated the data, cache etc. and now its stuck on the lg loading screen. i dont know if i should wait for it or should i pull the battery?

19. Earthnfire78

Pull the battery, hard boot into recovery and flash a new ROM.

20. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

i pulled the battery and turned it on again. it formats everything again then loads the lg sign and stays like that. i tried to hard reboot and it goes dark for a second and then it formats, gets stuck on the lg loading sign... is my phone bricked? :( anybody help

21. Earthnfire78

You may have to try the fastboot method flash the LG stock recovery and flash the VM670ZV9 update, cause what it sounds like is the recovery you had on there wrote a RESET Command to the bootloader.

22. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

i cant get to any recovery is the problem :( I dont know what to do. please tell me i dont have a paper weight now..

23. AndyOpie150

Silly question. How did it get stuck in CWMod recovery in the first place.
    Did you try to use the factory reset option in the phones settings menu?
    If yes, we might have to try and use the Android SDK and shell commands from a command line interface to install the Xionia recovery after wiping the recovery partition with same command line interface (command prompt) on computer.

Either my suggestion or Earthnfires suggestion should work, but you need the Android SDK installed on your computer. Go here: http://www.support-4-you.com/main/i...d-adb-installation&catid=40:how-tos&Itemid=57
    Click on the last link in the tutorial for directions on how to set the path to the adb.exe if you don't get the proper output from "adb devices".
    For more info on " erase all" command and install of Xionia from command propmt just ask.

24. frozty_69

frozty_69 Newbie

Ok well this all happened a while ago and im just now trying to fix it but im 90% sure that i recall shutting down my phone, hard rebooting and then i think that i formated everything from cwm menus and thats how i got here.
    But now for my current progress, i installed it and i have no idea about what to type or anything so i need instructions.

25. AndyOpie150

Did you go into the environmental variable's and check to see if the path to the adb.exe was set.
    It should read:
    ;C:/SDK/platform-tools
    The ; separate's one path from another and is important.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews