1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck in download mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redheadturkey, Aug 10, 2012.

1. redheadturkey

redheadturkey Newbie

I had been flashing my stock rom back to my phone after trying out ICS, and I accidentally formatted my SD card while clearing all the caches to do it. Well, I managed to get the phone into download mode, not sure how I did that, but now I've found out that if I can get back into CWR I can use it to mount the USB and get a rom back on to repair my phone. But I can't get into CWR because it's stuck in download mode.

Can anyone tell me how to get out of download mode and back into CWR please so I can either #1 put a custom rom back on my phone, or #2 use my Wondershare recovery to to recover my stock rom backup so I can put it back? All I want is to get my phone working again. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

With the LG Optimus V it is referred to as emergency mode.

Have you tried pulling the battery and holding down the power button for 30sec. ?
    Then try to get into recovery. If no go, you might have to use sammyz's KDZ Updater unbrick method.

Question: What is the Wondershare recovery you speak of?

3. redheadturkey

redheadturkey Newbie

It's a program that you install on the PC that's designed to recover data from a formatted drive/SD card. If I can get into CWR I can mount the USB and use it to recover the data on my SD card. No, I hadn't yet. I have the ZV9 baseband. My thing is just needing to get out of E mode so I can get into CWR, but I'll try that, thanks.

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

5. redheadturkey

redheadturkey Newbie

Thank you! It worked to get back in CWR, now just have to wait for the battery to charge enough that I can do it. <33 it did unbrick, though, thank God. It would cost 100 bucks to replace it, I can't afford that because of a mistake. XD

6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid

Costs $30-40 on eBay ;)

7. redheadturkey

redheadturkey Newbie

Thanks to my husband's card reader (Did not even know he had one installed on his comp) and a stock rom I found online, my phone is now completely up and running again. Thanks again to Sammy and Andy who helped me get back into CWM recovery so I could even flash a new rom onto it. I am going to be more careful from now on about doing double backups (Both to SD card and comp) so if this happens again it's much more easily recoverable.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews