1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Stuck In Eclair and Want Out!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oconne63, Dec 15, 2011.

1. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    The other day I wanted to use Amon RA recovery rather then Clockwork Mod to flash my GPS fix for the CyanogenMod 7 Nightly that I was running and now I am stuck in Eclair.

I believe the problem was that I still had my PC36.zip on the root of my SD card when I was sent to the Bootloader and I hit update, which is where my mistake started. After this happened I tried to manually enter the go into recovery but, when I tried the triangle with the exclaimation point popped up and I had to do a hard restart.

I then furthered the problem by downloading a random PC36.zip and that is when I was sent back to Eclair, where I am not able to obtain Rom Manager from the market.

I would greatly apreciate anyones help with this issue.

I don't like being on this version of Android.

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF
    HBOOT-2.02.0000
    RADIO-1.39.00.04.26

Michael

Advertisement

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Aug 30, 2011
    Male
    Graduate Student
    MN
    You need to redownload a custom recovery (Amon Ra) for our devices and update via the PC36IMG method.

Delete all your old PC36IMG files!

Following this, you will have a custom recovery again and you can simply flash a gingerbread ROM. Also, you may want to update your radios, as it appears you have a very old version of them.

mikem0269, Granite1, ocnbrze and 3 others like this.
  3. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Just as Rxpert said, make sure you've deleted all old PC36IMG files off your SD, then get Amon Ra from here, flash it through the bootloader.

But I noticed you said you're using ROM Manager -- you really shouldn't, it causes more problems than it's worth (and doesn't work with Amon Ra anyway). Once you have Amon Ra recovery, flash a new ROM manually in recovery (here's a really complete guide). Then make sure you make a nandroid WITH YOUR WIMAX KEYS before flashing new radios (here's an image of what you should check in Amon Ra).

You can find the newest radios in this thread.

4. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010

I downloaded the most recent PC36.zip that just included the most recent recovery. HBOOT and let the phone restart. Then I deleted all the .zip files off my root and I was able to access recovery! I had recently flashed a radio update, but I think one of the random PC36.zip that I flashed brought me back.

Radios
    I think I remember reading something about regressing back to the Sprint Rom to update the radios.

Can I just flash while running my CM7 Nightly or do I have to go back to one of the Sprint Roms?

5. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010

I used to do it manually using Amon RA then I started using Rom Manager for some reason.

I will just use Amon Ra from here on out.

Thanks,

Michael

6. JustSomeDude

None

Mar 31, 2011
    I think technically you can flash the radios independent of ROM, so it won't matter if you're on CM7. BUT, I'd recommend you flash a stock/stock-ish sense ROM like brad's or Tommy's Classic (My favorite) -- the reason being you can flash the radios, then boot back into the ROM to update your profile and PRL (and maybe run the Sense GPS fix) before reflashing CM7.

mikem0269, Granite1 and ocnbrze like this.
  7. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good call on updating the prl and profile. ;)

Update them in that order also, prl first, then profile. Mr. Ed stressed this was the best way back in the days, but I never really picked up why.....

8. oconne63

oconne63 Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010

I flashed Tommy's Classic, but the Hacked HotSpot doesn't work. It keeps telling me that I don't have the Sprint Hotspot service. Have you ever run into this problem?

Thanks,

Michael

9. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    edit: i just saw your new thread on this issue.

but for me i use the wireless tethering app found in this thread:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...net-tethering-w-evo-4g-3g-wireless-wired.html. the hotspot hack does not work on 4g, but the wireless app does.

JustSomeDude likes this.
  10. JustSomeDude

None

Mar 31, 2011
    I've used the hacked hotspot just yesterday, it works fine for me - which version of classic are you on?

But as ocn said, it only works for 3G. I also use the Wireless Tether app ocn posted for 4G tethering, give that a shot.

Completely unrelated:
    So excited to come back from vacation to find tapatalk has been re-enabled for androidforums! :)

dustwun77 and ocnbrze like this.
Tags: