• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck in fastboot(blue screen)

nyrkid21

Lurker
Nov 14, 2010
Hey can anyone help me out. My phone is stuck in fastboot mode with the blue screen after i tried to root it and install velocity. Can i have some advice on how to fix it? Thanks
progress.gif

Ok - did you download the files to your C:/ drive?

If so..plug the phone into your PC and connect.
Open the cmd prompt on your PC (search for it if you need to).
Once cmd prompt is open, type: cd c:\android\sdk\tools
Type: fastboot reboot

Your phone will reboot and if you installed the ROM correctly, it will load up just fine. Open up your ROM manager and re-flash the recovery and you should have no problems. Post back if you still have issues.

Upvote 0
I too flashed velocity .03 and had major problems... prolly bc i did it wrong. but at this point i have gone into clockwokmod recovery and wiped everything out. when i "reboot system now" after the LG screen, the blue screen comes up saying "fastboot mode started. i have no idea what to do. I plugged my phone into my comp to download other zips to upload but i cannot connect to my pc. please help! thanks

Upvote 0
I too flashed velocity .03 and had major problems... prolly bc i did it wrong. but at this point i have gone into clockwokmod recovery and wiped everything out. when i "reboot system now" after the LG screen, the blue screen comes up saying "fastboot mode started. i have no idea what to do. I plugged my phone into my comp to download other zips to upload but i cannot connect to my pc. please help! thanks

In clockwork there should be a mount usb option somewhere been awhile since I have used clockwork.

update: found this in online. hope it helps

in clockwork recovery you will have
-reboot system now
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/ factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-nandroid
-partition menu
- advanced

Partition menu gives you thes options:
mount/data
unmount/ cache
mount/ sdcard
format system'format data
format cache
format boot
mount USB storage

Reactions: rogueally
Upvote 0
In clockwork there should be a mount usb option somewhere been awhile since I have used clockwork.

update: found this in online. hope it helps

in clockwork recovery you will have
-reboot system now
-apply sdcard:update.zip
-wipe data/ factory reset
-wipe cache partition
-install zip from sdcard
-nandroid
-partition menu
- advanced

Partition menu gives you thes options:
mount/data
unmount/ cache
mount/ sdcard
format system'format data
format cache
format boot
mount USB storage

trying this now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones