• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck In Fastboot Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiting.gif

Upvote 0
How did you borked phone, anyway?
I used TWRP to format sdcard (which I think formatted my EMMC). It would boot any rom but then Link2SD wouldn't work. So I flashed the KDZ and this is where I am at. I restored laf.img (PhilZ) and recovery.img (TWRP) but whenever I boot into system (or anything other than laf.img), I get fastboot and I can't figure out how to leave it.

Upvote 0
I used TWRP to format sdcard (which I think formatted my EMMC). It would boot any rom but then Link2SD wouldn't work. So I flashed the KDZ and this is where I am at. I restored laf.img (PhilZ) and recovery.img (TWRP) but whenever I boot into system (or anything other than laf.img), I get fastboot and I can't figure out how to leave it.

If I understood correctly, you now have phillz on laf, and twrp on recovery? And when you try to enter anything else than laf (now phillz), you get stuck in fastboot?
If I got that right, then why you don't just flash back stock laf.img (fastboot flash laf laf.img) to enter download mode, so you can start from step one (stock rom)? Don't forget EMERGENCY_CS in flashtool.
btw, take out SD card, just in case.

One little story, a mishap of mine:
I was once stuck in a bootloop, or should I say recoveryloop when I flashed badly built recovery I made. What got me stuck was that I issued "reboot recovery" command from system, and no matter what I did, phone tried to enter (my faulty) recovery. Luckily, I already had laf in laf partition. Just flashed kdz, and I was on my feet.
Point of this story is that you're maybe now in a fastboot loop :)

Upvote 0
If I understood correctly, you now have phillz on laf, and twrp on recovery? And when you try to enter anything else than laf (now phillz), you get stuck in fastboot?
If I got that right, then why you don't just flash back stock laf.img (fastboot flash laf laf.img) to enter download mode, so you can start from step one (stock rom)? Don't forget EMERGENCY_CS in flashtool.
btw, take out SD card, just in case.

One little story, a mishap of mine:
I was once stuck in a bootloop, or should I say recoveryloop when I flashed badly built recovery I made. What got me stuck was that I issued "reboot recovery" command from system, and no matter what I did, phone tried to enter (my faulty) recovery. Luckily, I already had laf in laf partition. Just flashed kdz, and I was on my feet.
Point of this story is that you're maybe now in a fastboot loop :)
Guess who just fixed it (before you actually commented) *cheers and facepalms* I'm an r-****

Reactions: Member1771050
Upvote 0
I saw in the Bootloader thread that it doesn't go past the udc start. That pretty much means your phone is out of commission until it decides to wake up. That happened to me before and it's terrible. Mines was out of commission for like 2~ days each day checking if it will wake up and start fastboot. It finally did. I guess its a game of waiting.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones