1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stuck in Landscape Mode Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Granitefalls2, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Granitefalls2

Granitefalls2 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    I got up this morning and looked at my phone and it was in landscape mode... and I had turned the phone off before I went to bed... I have the Leaked version of 2.2 on my captivate right now... is there any thing I can do? Besides recalibrating the thing, taking out the battery and rebooting???

Advertisement

2. sremick

sremick Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    The leaked version of 2.2 was an early beta, not meant for end-user use. It has bugs and is very old. No one should really be using it at this point anymore.

If you're going to flash an unofficial 2.2 ROM on, you should use one of the more up-to-date custom hacked ROMs. They're based on newer code and have a lot of improvements and issues resolved.

3. Granitefalls2

Granitefalls2 Newbie
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Oh ok, well I don't want to root my phone so is there any newer ones that are easy to install? Like the one I have? I don't know a whole lot about flashing so you have to be kinda specific. Thanks though!

4. wes78

wes78 Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    Technology Sales
    I am going through the same problems. Perception build 8 is crap. I flashed cognition, but same problem. I didn't flash back to stock first. Going to try to figure out what "batch number" my phone is and reflash back to 2.1 before using cognition zip on my sd.

What the F is a "batch number" like 1010 or 1012. This is starting to go over my head, now.