• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in manual deodex question:

pc mode kills the debugging icon. I think I have to to charge mode.

I did it last night while in pc mode with no debugging icon, but I did uncheck and recheck debugging after I reinstalled the drivers. For some reason every time I use SDK I have to reinstall my drivers. If it doesn't work for you this time try to reinstall the drivers and recheck debugging while in pc mode before you start the command prompt.

Upvote 0
Debugging only works on charge only mode and mass storage mode for me. I'll need to clear this issue up before I proceed. That's the key.

then I have good news for you... stand by one and let me grab the links. I'll edit this post with them. its a deodexed zip. apply it just like a theme through bootstrapper

go here http://www.928droid.com/DroidX.htm

scroll down to
928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-DeOdexed.zip
and grab that.
there is an odexed version and a DEodexed version. make sure you grab the deodexed version. it applys just like any theme in bootstrapper would

Upvote 0
Reactions: eraursls1984
Upvote 0
here is the link w/install intructions where I found out about it
928DROID Releases Easy Deodox/Odex Method for DROIDX - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
I dont see why they couldn't be installed to "reodex" your phone because it looks like thats what that odexed version is for. I dont think it will take away your root access though.

That deodexed theme looks nice. I went to d/l and it said "service unavailable." I'll try again later.

Thank you.

Steven

edit: nm. it's working. there must be a lot of people trying it. I'll have to try it from work as it seems as if it's going to be a four hour d/l!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones