• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in reboot cycle -> access filesystem to correct

I put a custom bootanimation I made on my phone and now my phone is stuck in a reboot cycle (load for a few seconds then reboot).

I can get into recovery mode fine. People seem to be able to get into their phone with adb while on the recovery console but I can not.

Is there a way to get access to the internal memory to remove the offending file through adb?

On 2.1-update1.

You need to have ADBRecovery or OpenRecovery in your sd card to access your phone using adb. You need to "apply" ADBRecovery's or OpenRecovery's update.zip file, after that you will be able to access your phone using adb. If you want to use ADBRecivery, you can download it from here. And OpenRecovery can be downloaded from here. Doesn't matter which one you donwload cause both have almost the same file size (about 30mb) and both will provide adb access to your phone.

Also, you need to have the vulnerable recovery to be able to use either ADBRecovery or OpenRecovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones