1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Stuck in reboot loop after flashing cutom ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CaptainNeatoma, May 30, 2011.

1. CaptainNeatoma

None

May 30, 2011
    Okay, I have found several threads that seem at first like they are talking about the same problem, but nothing I've found seems to work.

I've had my phone rooted for some time. Somehow along the way, I must have installed one too many apps or done something screwy because my phone was getting slower and slower. So yesterday I set it to factory defaults and everything started working again... except I couldn't get system updates because (as I understand it) I had removed certain stock apps that are required for the updates to install.

So, even though I've never flashed a ROM before, I figured I could just flash a stock ROM and do the updates.

Boy, I wish I hadn't had that idea.

I used AllyRR to flash a rooted version of a stock ROM. Ever since then, my phone has been stuck in an endless reboot cycle.

I see the LG logo, then get partway through the animated Verizon logo, before the screen goes black and the phone reboots again. I can get into recovery mode by holding the send and menu buttons while it's trying to boot, but I'm at a loss as to what to do from there. I can flash a new ROM (I have tried several at this point), but no matter what I do, the phone just sits in that endless reboot cycle unless I go to recovery mode.

And no, I didn't make a back up before flashing. Since my phone was just reset to factory settings, it didn't occur to me that there was anything to save. Stupid, I know.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    Get into recovery, WIPE EVERYTHING data/cache/dalvik-cache/sdcard-androidsecure/sdext. If you were on 2.1 flash velocity .4, 2.1 stock nanroid rooted or not or any other 2.1 ROM, IF YOU ARE ON 2.2 flash velocity 1.1 or frunisher. Or 2.2 stock rooted.

3. CaptainNeatoma

None

May 30, 2011
    I have to admit, having tried so many ROMs already, I thought your idea was a waste of time, but Frunisher got me up and running like magic.

Thanks a ton, KingOfGreen. You saved me from having to commit ritual suicide.

4. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert
    None

Nov 3, 2010
    Chandler, Az
    No problem, glad I could help.

Tags: