• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in Safe Mode

Hi there,

I have done a lot of research but can't find a solution.

I recently transferred some music on to my SD card. The transfer was successful and afterwards everything was fine. Stupidly I disconnected the phone from my PC by just pulling the cord from the phone.

Afterwards the music etc was fine until all of a sudden about 15min later the library had no music in it any more. I performed a restart and after that the phone booted into Safe Mode.

I found out that apparently shutting down and rebooting with the volume up button pressed it takes the phone out of safe mode. Only problem is my volume rocker fell off a month back and now my volume buttons don't respond at all for some mystery reason. Im not sure when that started as I have been using the onscreen volume options for the last month.

I have performed a factory reset via the Storage menu as well as an SD card scan and a format of the SD card in case there was something corrupt there. The phone is still in Safe Mode.

I have done battery pulls, hard resets and restarts.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone know how to take it out of Safe Mode without the volume buttons?

Its an HTC Sensation Z710a running Ice Cream Sandwich. Phone has never been flashed or modified.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones