• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck in sense force close loop after o2 froyo update

gmason86

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
Hey all,

Just looking for some advice.

Just did the OTA froyo update from O2 last night. All appeared to go well and successful, past the point where I heard other people's got stuck.

But when I slide down the slider and put in my password, it gets stuck in a force close loop for com.htc.launcher. Seems to not be able to open sense and keeps looping round.

I saw a post from someone saying they had that problem, but then they just hit the search button and got the quicksearch, went to settings, then cleared the data for the appropriate application and then it worked fine.

But when I hit the search button, nothing happens. If I hold it down, I get the google voice search, but I can't seem to get to settings from there.

Does anyone know another method to get into settings as I'm hopeful this will fix my problem as suggested by some others. I'd much rather that than take it back to O2...

I can get into messages, phone, mail and internet.

But search in the above obviously just searches items from that application.

Hopefully someone can help :)

Thanks,

Graham.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones