1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Stuck in Startup Loop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by petemess95, Apr 21, 2011.

1. petemess95

petemess95 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    I've had my ally for 9 months, and finally decided to install velocity on it. I succeeded in doing so, and began OCing it. I downloaded SetCPU, and put the max all the way up to 824mhz just for kicks, and accidentally checked "start SetCPU on boot. Now, the phone starts up, works for about 5 seconds, and then restarts, i'm assuming due to an unstable clock speed. I've tried starting the phone in safe mode, but it doesn't work. How can i stop SetCPU from starting up right away?

Advertisement

2. savoxis

savoxis Android Expert
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    ODOT Field Services Tech
    Pacific NW

You can:
    A: Restore a NANDROID backup from recovery if you have one
    B: Reflash Velocity or any other rom
    C: Install adb and manually remove SetCPU

EDIT: After thinking about it you can wipe dalvik-cache and that *should fix it, if not wipe userdata, you will lose downloaded apps and app data but you shouldn't have to reflash.

3. petemess95

petemess95 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    ummm yeah no nandroid because i did it off a fresh restore... I have no idea what C is so explaining that would be nice, and how would I do B if i cant even get the phone on?

4. username.unknown

None

Oct 28, 2010
    The easiest thing to do is to do what savoxis said. Turn your phone off (pull the battery if you have to) and hold down send, menu and end simultaneously. You should see some a menu, and it will say "RA-aloha-v1.2.5_getitnowmarketing" it might say a different version and that will be fine or it might say clockwork recovery. Slide the keyboard out and navigate down to where it says "- Wipe" and press enter. Navigate down again to "Wipe only Dalvik-cache" and press enter again. You should see "Press ENTER to confirm. any key to abort." and press enter again. When this is done, press the volume down key once and enter once more. Your dalvik-cache has been cleared. If this doesn't work do the same thing but substitute dalvik-cache with "wipe all userdata".

If this fails again, you could do the procedure again but this time navigate the the "flash zip menu" --> "Flash zip from sdcard" --> (your location of velocity or another rom)

Hope this works for ya.

Edit: You might be using clockwork recovery instead of amon-ra. To get into recovery is the same, but the procedure once in recovery is slightly different, and sorry to say I don't know it off the top of my head. I can figure it out for you if you need it though.

Tags: