1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck. Need help.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kolosus, Apr 16, 2012.

1. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

What led upto your current un-odinable situation?

4. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast

Like skater said you should be able to Odin yourself back to regular stock. If your having problems doing that make sure to post it in the odin thread. It's really easy to do and you should be back up in working order in no time!

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ock-factory-updated-02-23-new-fa19-image.html

5. Lordvincent 90

:rolleyes: come on guys, at least read the thread he linked... Odin is a no go for him

6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Hey man, I wonder if Odin would fix the problem. ( I'm sorry I just had to say it)
    :D Lmao :p
    Unfortunately, if you can't get Odin to work, I don't know why else would work unless you try a jig

7. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

Well have I messed with the phone? Yes. Have I messed with the efs partition before? Yes. But the phone was working fine. I had it turned off a few days... I was using a different device. Not another Android from Boost. I'd never go up on my plan price!

Yesterday I turned it on and nothing. Stuck. Odined and all. Plus I'm not a noob to this. I've been using my Prevail since before Shabby & Interdepth came up with root for the device. I've used Odin more times than I care to remember.

Regardless. No love with Odin. Tried stock (non-rooted) but no love either.

Called Boost this morning. They referred me to Samsung and they said device is still under warranty. Its packaged up and ready to ship as we speak.

8. Caeadas

Caeadas Well-Known Member

Yeah, Almighty Odin is really our ultimate weapon to unleash upon the brick army. But hey, if Odin won't fix it, and you didn't change anything to cause it, then its likely a hardware failure. They will probably honor the warranty and replace it.

9. Lordvincent 90

I know ur no noob, man. :) i have read EVERY post in this forum. I have a good idea of what's going on. Hell, at this point, i can tell of a thread has a question or an answer, based on the name in the last post. No Odin love = sad day... But alas, Samsung to the rescue! (the FINAL last resort...)

10. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

NOW THAT'S SOME GOOD NEWS . :) Thank goodness for that good warranty Bro. You'll probably have a brand new phone in about a week. :D

11. jwh42000

jwh42000 Android Enthusiast

Still learning about it but it seems the only other option is the Riffs Jtag. But it requires soldering to the circuit board. Thank goodness for warranties :)

12. kolosus

kolosus Android Expert

Yeah. I'm a moron with the soldering iron! My primary device is on its way to Samsung. I'm using my buddy's phone at the moment. His phone wont charge. Samsung refused to fix his phone and we bought them about a week apart. That's why I thought mine was out of warranty. Turns out his phone isn't out of warranty by time frame, but by condition. What can I say I love mine more than he loves his. His is beatup!

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

13. jwh42000

I'm not bad with the soldering iron but practice makes perfect lol. Now oxygen-acetylene torch I can make do the lambada.

14. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

lol..burn a house down maybe ..jk

15. jwh42000

Hell yeah. The HVAC guy I apprenticed under would run up the stairs and out the house at full speed. Everyone would freak out and run outside like oh hell the house is gonna blow up. He says no I just came out to get a screwdriver.

16. Xruptor

Xruptor Android Enthusiast

Yay! At least your getting a replacement phone! That should work out great for you as you can have a working prevail again. It sounds to me like the issues you've been having were hardware related anyway. There have been people on the forums that's had the hardware crap out on them. In the end they either had to get a replacement or went with a different phone. I know the USB is one issue a few people have from time to time.

I'm glad things worked out for you in the end!

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews