1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Stuck on 2.0.1 with no OTAs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yufice, Aug 8, 2010.

1. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    VZW sales
    Long Island
    I've been rooted for a long time. i've well versed in changed roms and shit, but i've come to a loss right now, so, sorry for the yelp post.

I tried to put sapphire 1.0 on the phone, and it didn't take. So after trying kernels to no avail, i put on some lithium mod and played with it. The answer and Hang up sliders were off center, so I tried reflashing and it didn't work. After a day or two of trying various stuff, I just said **** it and go with a clean slate. I flashed the 2.0.1 sbf to the phone so I could go back to factory, expected to get the OTA for 2.1 (like I did the last time I sbf'd back), but this time there was no OTA. I made sure I was on factory 2.0.1 (I was) and then hit search for updates. System says i'm up to date. I'm obviously not. What is wrong with my phone and how do I fix it?

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    Just flash another 2.2 ROM. As far as I know, you don't need to be on 2.1 to get to 2.2. And what do you mean, Sapphire "didn't take"?

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
  4. yufice

yufice Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    VZW sales
    Long Island
    I could not get past the boot screen no matter which kernel I tried. So, I just gave up and went back to lithium.

thanks for the info