• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on 2.0.1 with no OTAs

yufice

Apr 13, 2010
Long Island
I've been rooted for a long time. i've well versed in changed roms and shit, but i've come to a loss right now, so, sorry for the yelp post.

I tried to put sapphire 1.0 on the phone, and it didn't take. So after trying kernels to no avail, i put on some lithium mod and played with it. The answer and Hang up sliders were off center, so I tried reflashing and it didn't work. After a day or two of trying various stuff, I just said **** it and go with a clean slate. I flashed the 2.0.1 sbf to the phone so I could go back to factory, expected to get the OTA for 2.1 (like I did the last time I sbf'd back), but this time there was no OTA. I made sure I was on factory 2.0.1 (I was) and then hit search for updates. System says i'm up to date. I'm obviously not. What is wrong with my phone and how do I fix it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones