1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Stuck on Android Loading screen with KaosFroyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ravistic, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Ravistic

Ravistic Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Hey all - I just rooted using the One Click method posted above. All went well up to where I rebooted after installing my KaosFroyo v27 I think. My phone is now stuck with a shiny Android logo, flashing over and over. It's been like this for about fifteen minutes now. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. chris22

chris22 Active Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I would give it a little more time, then take the file off your sd and put it back on and reflash. I don't use the one click thing. But make sure you wipe. I'm pretty sure you need to with that too.

3. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    If a ROM file passes the integrity checks prior to installing, then the file is not corrupted. So, no need to fiddle with the file on the SD card - it is fine.

OTOH, the advice about wiping is 100% correct; if you are coming from any other ROM, you need to perform a Wipe... Wipe data/factory reset BEFORE you flash the ROM.

Also, If you have a partitioned SD card, that can potentially cause bootloops. You can be eliminate that as a possibility by powering down the phone after the ROM flashing operation, ejecting the SD card, and then powering up the phone for it's first boot.

BTW, there are a series of pictures in this post that demonstrate the steps that are usually performed when installing a new ROM.

Good Luck

eu1