1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support stuck on android screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Carmenskarma, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Carmenskarma

Carmenskarma Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    hostess
    Humble, TX
    someone please help!! i have a HUAWEI ASCEND its rooted. today i went to install a new font and my phone froze. it wont go past th android screen when you restart it!! can someone please tell me how to fix it???

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    1.What app did you use?
    2. Did you make any backups of your rom? (I'm assuming since you are rooted you have cwm installed)
    3. Have you tried pulling out the battery for a few seconds and trying again?
    If you haven't backed up your rom you may have to reflash your rom, unless you know how to use Adb (of you don't know what that is you don't know how to use it ;D) you can try replacing your framework.Rez (I think its .Rez) with a known good one from the same rom, since that's what is most likely broken.
    I can't get the file for you as i have given my ascend away (its actually running a port of cm7 Playfulgod put together for the huawei m835) and can't flash it to retrieve the file.

Carmenskarma likes this.
  3. Carmenskarma

Carmenskarma Lurker
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    hostess
    Humble, TX
    I used font installer I found on th market and I had titanium backup. On my phone I didn't root my phone my boyfriend did. So I don't know wht rom is on there. I was reading thru the forum and I think that I may have bricked my phone.though I have titanium backup and all my stuff backed up onmy SD card, I do not think it was installed on my phone. Would that male a difference? And yes I did do the battery thing it was t& very first thing I tried