1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

stuck on boot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dixxa, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dixxa

dixxa Lurker

My tmobile galaxy s2 is stuck on flashing samsung logo. I've tried everything but Odin thing I don't have a cpu so that's a problem help pls!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Hi dixxa, welcome to Android Forums.

Have you tried booting into recovery?

I think this is the correct procedure for your phone:

1. Turn off the device.
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up and the Volume Down keys and press the power button until the Samsung logo appears.
    3. Release the Power button but keep holding the Volume keys.
    4. When the Android System Recovery menu appears, release the volume keys.

From there you use the volume keys to move up or down and the power button to select. The first thing I would do is clear the cache and then reboot to see if that fixes it. If not you can go to advanced>clear dalvik cache and then reboot again. Hopefully that will get you back, but if not, you might need to do a full factory reset. That will clear all your apps, user settings and personal databases such as mail and text messages, so you may lose all that.

3. dixxa

dixxa Lurker

Thank u for replying. You are a lifesaver! After everything ive tried. it finally worked!! Reboot, delete cache didn't work so I had to do factory reset bingo it worked however the samsung logo seem be longer this time around when turning on. But I'm not complaining as long as I still can use my fone! Lol thank you thank you and thank you!

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

When you perform a factory reset, it will clear the dalvik cache and recompile all the system apps. The long boot should only be the first time.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews