• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kevmjones

Lurker
Aug 11, 2013
This is my fist post so keep with me. I recently rooted my sgs2 i1900 (unlocked from 3 network) with no problems and them flashed slim rom 4.2.2 again with no problem. I have been using it for a few weeks with no problem and then yesterday it has got stuck on boot up. The only way to turn the phone off is to remove the battery. My question is how do I repair this problem? Is it a full install all over again? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry in advance if typist is in the wrong place.

This is my fist post so keep with me. I recently rooted my sgs2 i1900 (unlocked from 3 network) with no problems and them flashed slim rom 4.2.2 again with no problem. I have been using it for a few weeks with no problem and then yesterday it has got stuck on boot up. The only way to turn the phone off is to remove the battery. My question is how do I repair this problem? Is it a full install all over again? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry in advance if typist is in the wrong place.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Kevmjones! :)

As you are rooted, you can boot into Recovery mode and wipe Cache Partition, Dalvik cache and Fix Permissions under Advanced, to see if that helps.

Failing that, you could do a Full Wipe before flashing your ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones