1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stuck on HTC screen CM6

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidtp, Sep 28, 2010.

1. androidtp

androidtp Android Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Last night, played a couple of rounds on Wordfeud and I'm assuming the battery went dead. Now I'm stuck on HTC screen when I boot up. Won't even show CM6 loadup screen.

I charged it for a couple minutes and even booted into recovery with no luck. Battery pull doesn't do it either. Have I bricked my phone? I'm not quite understanding why it's not loading up anything.

BTW: During the recovery screen, it said I had the RA image there so I doubt it's not on my card to boot up as I know that if you don't have this then it won't boot up.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Have you charged your battery full and then try to boot to recovery?

3. androidtp

Dec 15, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    that's the method i'm taking now

congrats on 100+ "thanked" btw haha

andygu3 likes this.
  4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    If you can get to recovery, wipe davlik cache and then flash what ever nightly you have got on the sd card. This has happened to me 2 times, getting stuck on the white htc screen.

I booted into recovery, wiped davlik cache and cache(I know you can't wipe cache, no biggie), then I flashed the nightly I had on my sd card. The phone booted up and everything was fine. All settings were there

androidtp likes this.
  5. androidtp

Dec 15, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    many thanks! sounds like this will work!

6. chadwicked

chadwicked Lurker

Sep 28, 2010
    This just happened to me too, I thought I bricked my phone. It happened every time i tried to boot into recovery and it would be stuck at the HTC loading screen.

Turns out the ClockworkMod Recovery flash was corrupt. I looked in the market, and the description said to flash Alternative Recovery and flash back to ClockworkMod Recovery. This worked for me, and I was able to do a nandroid, battery wipe.

Tags: