1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Stuck on HTC White loading screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alexandra Boliver Brown, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Alexandra Boliver Brown

Aug 8, 2016

Aug 8, 2016

I have been trying to install a custom ROM on my HTC One M8 after the stock one crashed so many times. I was following the instructions on this website: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_m8

I installed the Team Win recovery fine and when I was rebooting it prompted my to install SuperSU because my phone wasn't rooted and I thought okay then (I used to be a competent ROM switcher in 2012 before I was persuaded to join the apple side and I remembered using SuperSU so thought it would be okay). TWRP seemed to hang whilst it was doing things and there is a chance that the phone ran out of battery (I bought the phone second hand and the connection is really really dodgy). Since then I haven't been able to get past the White Screen with HTC written in the middle of it.

I have tried to push the ROM I want to install using ADB and i'm having issues. I've put the zip of the ROM and GAPPS package on the SD card using an SD card reader. I decided to try and use the cyanogen recovery as I was trying to install the Cyanogen ROM thinking maybe that would help and that worked fine but I can't find the ZIP files on the SD card. I thought maybe it wasn't mounted and remembered that could be done using TWRP and so I tried to put that back on and it's not working...so now i'm stumped.

I've had a browse of the forums here and there are similar problems but they aren't exactly the same as mine...Does anybody have any ideas about what I can do? Sorry if this is excessively long (i'm new here) but I wanted to provide all of the information I could :)

Thank you in advance!
    Ali :)

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.