1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck on LG logo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cjohn8792, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

I am running velocity .4 was not running faster than 600mhz. I flashed my rom, tried to use quick boot to boot into recovery, when the phone restarted it just goes to the LG logo. I tried a battery pull and nothing works. What do I do? I am sure theres a thread but IDK which one. If I bring it to verizon will they replace it? I want to reflash velocity.4 and clear my data/cache and start from scratch.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Lilg37

Lilg37 Well-Known Member

if you can get back into recovery restore a backup then try again

3. Cjohn8792

Every time I flash my rom on 2.1.1 and try to boot into recovery it sticks on LG logo. If i do a battery pull for 2 minutes it will start back up. But I am worried to try to flash a new rom by going to 2.2 if its going to keep doing this.

4. Cjohn8792

is it necessary to flash a rom if I am going to clear my cache/data and reinstall the same rom?

5. Cjohn8792

Now it happens with or without flashing the rom. Trying to enter recovery with Vol up, Menu, Power as I always have in the past and it just sticks on LG....Im going crazy.

6. kyle5434

kyle5434 Member

If you rooted using Trident's guide, the amon-ra recovery buttons are different than the clockwork buttons. Try holding down the call-menu-end buttons until you get the amon-ra menu.

7. Cjohn8792

Can anyone answer this question? Man this forums has died over the last few weeks; not even someone posting a link to another topic. I can't access recovery using any of the above mentioned button combos. If I can't access my recovery can I still follow the guide for 2.2.1 Root Users--? There are parts where it says to install zips from recovery but how would I do that if I can't access it?

8. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

9. Cjohn8792

One part of that says I will most likely get force closes after step 28, to pull the battery and reboot with key combo vol up, home, end. If that currently puts my phone stuck on the LG logo will it be any different after the 27 steps of the guide you left a link to? I don't want to get to that point and then it sticks me on the LG logo and I have no system to boot to or recovery to use. Damn this is so crappy I am really getting fed up with this phone. Everything was fine then I flashed velocity .4 and Idk what I did after that but rom manager and recovery never worked.

10. Cjohn8792

11. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

That just wipes cache and user data it can still boot. it wont stick you on the LG logo forever. ive never seen it do this.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews